2021 EHS Virtual Master Class:
Intro to Safety Culture
October 27, 2021 | 12:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. Eastern | VirtualRegister Today
Whether it is acknowledged or not, every company has a safety culture — and just like other aspects of organizational success, your safety culture will only be as strong as the efforts dedicated to it. Despite a heightened focus on encouraging positive attitudes toward health and safety, good safety cultures remain elusive for many organizations. What are the benefits of a robust culture of safety, and how can your environment, health, and safety (EHS) team play a key role in making safety a core value at your business?
In this half-day virtual Master Class, safety expert Eldeen Pozniak shares her solutions for creating an organizational environment wherein a strong safety culture is given the opportunity to develop and thrive. Whether you are a new safety professional looking to learn the basics of safety culture or a veteran EHS manager seeking to find ways to better instill safety values and gain buy-in from key company stakeholders, this course provides helpful guidance that will inspire proactive action for the development, implementation, and maintenance of a safety culture that goes beyond safety compliance.
Over the course of this virtual training session, attendees will gain foundational knowledge, key concepts, and best practices that will be of immediate benefit to their organizational EHS programs.
Topics covered will include:
- The definition and characteristics of safety culture and how it relates to safety climate;
- The role of leadership and communication within safety culture and how different management styles impact safety efforts;
- How to identify the current values, attitudes, and perceptions surrounding safety at your organization—and how to change them if need be;
- How to weave safety culture into your onboarding and training programs;
- The importance of employee empowerment, engagement, and participation in safety culture;
- How the identification of hazards, recordkeeping, and other safety compliance measures are intertwined with your cultural efforts;
- How to obtain the commitment of leadership, management, supervisors, and staff;
- Methods of measuring the success of your safety culture efforts, from continual improvement to effective communication to employee surveys and interviews;
- And much more!
Divided into three educational sessions and concluding with a Q&A session with Eldeen Pozniak, this Master Class is your first step toward safety culture excellence. Register today!
Agenda At A Glance
|October 27, 2021|
|12:00 p.m. – 12:05 p.m.||
|12:05 p.m. – 1:05 p.m.||
Defining Safety Culture, Safety Climate, and Characteristics
|1:05 p.m. – 1:20 p.m.||
|1:20 p.m. – 2:20 p.m.||
|2:20 p.m. – 2:35 p.m.||
|2:35 p.m. – 3:35 p.m.||
Measurement Tools and Direction for Improvement
|3:35 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.||
Q & A with Eldeen and Closing Remarks