2022 ADA Virtual Master Classes: Mastering ADA Fundamentals
March & October 2022 (Official Dates TBA) | Virtual 2-Day Courses | $399
While the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) is over 30 years old, it is still a major pain point for many HR professionals trying to remain compliant. Who is and isn’t covered by the ADA? What is a reasonable accommodation? How do you prove a worker is truly disabled? How does the ADA intersect with the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA)? These were—and continue to be—common questions, but now consider COVID-19 and all the accommodation requests that have come with it.
How do you accommodate workers who can’t get vaccinated or wear a mask? What about “long COVID”—how do you accommodate that? Is remote work a viable option as an ADA accommodation? When it comes to accommodating workers, these truly are unprecedented times for many HR professionals across the country. And if your organization isn’t careful in how it accommodates employees, you could be at the receiving end of a lawsuit.
In this intensive training, our expert attorneys will cover the basics of the ADA. You’ll also learn:
- How to determine whether an employee is “qualified” under the ADA;
- How to determine whether an accommodation is reasonable and what type of accommodation is needed;
- When to start the interactive process and what the entire process entails;
- How other laws, like the FMLA, the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), and the Genetic Information Nondiscrimination Act (GINA), intersect with the ADA;
- How retaliation claims under the ADA may arise—and employer actions that, in most cases, are likely to be deemed retaliatory; and
- How to safely manage the hiring process while complying with the ADA.