Fundamentals of Credentialing
Master the basics of credentialing, privileging, and peer review
New to medical staff services? Fundamentals of Credentialing is an on-demand eLearning course designed to help medical staff professionals (MSPs) understand what is meant by credentialing, privileging, and peer review, and how these three elements work in alignment to protect patients.
Fundamentals of Credentialing walks you through the basic functions of medical staff services in three easy-to-digest eLearning classes. Instructor Kathy Matzka, CPMSM, CPCS, FMSP, uses her years of experience in the industry to break down the complex terms credentialing, privileging, and peer review into easy-to-understand concepts.
These courses are also ideal for new medical staff leaders who need a better understanding of credentialing, privileging, and peer review.
Fundamentals of Credentialing includes:
- Credentialing: What is it and why do it?
- Introduction to privileging
- Understanding peer review and performance monitoring
Plus, each class ends with a final quiz to test your knowledge!
After participating in this course, learners will be able to:
- Understand the difference between credentialing and privileging
- Define what is meant by primary source verification
- Know your role in the credentialing process
- Understand the purpose and benefits of an effective peer review process
- Create methods for obtaining medical staff support in the peer review process
- Learn the accreditors requirements for practitioner performance monitoring
- Define and list who needs to be privileged at your organization
- Demonstrate the ability to create privileging criteria
Purchase Fundamentals of Credentialing with a registration to the NPE and CRC Virtual Experience: A Provider Enrollment, Credentialing, and Privileging Online Conference and save $200!
National Provider Enrollment Forum
Join us live September 20 - 21, 2021 for two days of engaging education and training to provider enrollment professionals, enrollment managers, and credentialing specialists.
Provider Enrollment Bootcamp
New to provider enrollment? Our on-demand eLearning course, Provider Enrollment Boot Camp, breaks down the key steps of enrolling practitioners—it’s a can’t-miss addition for those new to the field or looking to brush up on the fundamentals.
Credentialing Resource Center
The Credentialing Resource Center (CRC) is the premier destination for credentialing, privileging, and peer review expertise.